Staking Facilities is looking for a back-end with strong Node.js, C++, and/or Rust experience to support our Solana Beach team. You will be responsible for researching, drafting, and implementing new features as well as improving existing components. A core responsibility will be to develop, design, and maintain our software architecture.
Solana Beach is a premier blockchain explorer service for Solana. We provide advanced on-chain analytics available on Solana - and we intend to keep refining and extending our product offering. Our team is international, diverse, fun-loving, and highly motivated to grow Solana Beach into the ‘Etherscan of Solana’.
We think this role would best fit a software architect that is passionate about optimizing the performance and efficiency of data processing pipelines. We are looking for someone with a forward-thinking and entrepreneurial mindset. We’re looking for someone who can take ownership of their own work and drive features along independently. Our back-end is built in Node.js, so we would like you to have either a strong background in Node.js or a very strong background in similar back-end frameworks.
Previous blockchain experience would be very exciting but is not required. We think this role could be a great place for the right person to transition into working on the cutting-edge frontier of crypto - we can teach you everything you need to know on that end.
- Back-end development in Node.js (occasionally C++ or Rust)
- Know and understand our software stack inside-out, we will onboard you extensively
- Coordinate & communicate development work by working closely with the rest of the team
- Collaborate with the Solana developer community to gather feedback on existing features and inspiration for new development.
- Show initiative for improving and adding features to Solana Beach, be creative, and share your ideas
- You write clean, commented, and reusable code, and can document and communicate it as required.
- You have practical experience using git in a team environment
- You’ve worked heavily with Node.JS or a similar backend framework
- You’re interested in how Blockchains work.
- Being a great communicator, both written and verbal. in English, as we are an international team.
- A willingness to document things concisely and accurately. Sharing knowledge within the team.
- The ability to work autonomously, with a self-starter attitude and an analytical mindset.
- A good sense of humor. We like to keep it fun around here!
- Exposure to Rust
- Previous experience with lower-level programming languages (C, Assembly, ...)
- Experience in other scripting and programming languages (Python, Go, Haskell)
- Technical understanding of the Solana blockchain
- Ability to pull-off wearing Pit Vipers